OBNA Bank’s articles of incorporation state explicitly that the objective of the bank is to promote the execution of projects which, in the opinion of the bank, are important for the economic development of Curaçao, Sint Maarten and the BES islands. This implies that the focus of OBNA Bank is not on maximizing profits but on stimulating the local economy of the islands.
OBNA Bank does not offer personal banking services (such as savings accounts, current accounts, credit- or debit cards, residential housing loans and personal loans). OBNA Bank also does not finance projects that are not economically viable. This means that all projects need to be viable without dependency on donor grants or incidental subsidies. The reason for this is that OBNA Bank only considers projects that are sustainable in the long run. Projects that depend on grants are not sustainable when these grants are incidental or uncertain and bound to be discontinued at some point in time. The project itself must generate sufficient income to become and remain viable.
In order to qualify for a loan at OBNA Bank the company has to be registered and operational on either Curaçao, Sint Maarten or one of the BES islands. Or the person in concern has to be in possession of a Dutch nationality with intention to exploit a project on the islands mentioned above.
- OBNA Bank also finances innovative projects that carry more risk
- OBNA Bank also finances projects in the sectors such as: agriculture, animal husbandry and fishery.
- OBNA Bank also extends long term loans that are tailored to the customer’s needs.
- OBNA Bank finances projects in Curaçao, Sint Maarten and BES islands.
- OBNA Bank provides custom made financing solutions and goes the extra mile where other banks tend to give up.